Thursday, June 2, 2011

In and About my Garden Today

After the rain yesterday, everything is looking pretty good. We hadn't received any rain for 5 weeks prior to yesterday. It was like a deluge! 1' in one hour..and I loved it! So now my garden is looking quenched. Below are some pics during my outing today.


Native Honeysuckle ~ Hummingbird magnet!

Front Courtyard


yarrow


Sedum planter




My hydrangea, too much fertilizer, not enough flowers : (


Double rose of sharon


Fushia



Side Yard Shade Garden


Rain Lily


Cerestrum

Cerestrum


Wren House


Kitchen Deck ~ Virginia Creeper


Front Patio


Cuphea


Coreopsis


Rubeckia


Lions Ear


River Oats

8 comments:

  1. Thanks for the lovely display of flowers and plants. Your rain lily has a slightly different shape and colour tone than ours........

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't it amazing how lovely everything looks after a rain? However, I would imagine your garden looks lovely no matter what. I love all your flowers and the little garden knick-knacks. Welcome to Blotanical!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great gardens. Like what you've done and your extra decorating out there. I am your first follower. Come on by when you have time.
    Cher
    http://sunraygardening.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very lovely gardens:) I have a TerraCotta man, too! We affectionately call him Mr. PotMan:D (Not very creative, I know, but still amusing.) Happy to be following you, keep up the great photos!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your lovely blooms seem to be saying, "thank you, thank you" for the rain. Doesn't everything look beautiful after it rains?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cupheas are a favorite!
    See you on Blotanical!
    Alice
    aka Alice's Garden Travel Buzz

    ReplyDelete
  7. Enjoying your garden. I absolutely love your knickknacks, I am looking for interesting things to add to my garden also. Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete